... a CMS Integration Specialist to join and strengthen our technical department, Technology & Product Studio (TPS). You will ensure that our subscribers and visitors can continue to use the various Mediahuis news websites and apps easily and you will help develop the platform of the future. You are the perfect candidate for the job.
Becasue we need
… a problem solver with a positive attitude and proactive approach. Someone who knows his business and knows how to get things done. You have at least five years’ relevant experience, a good deal of technical baggage and a healthy interest in the fascinating, rapidly changing media sector.
Smart websites and apps make you happy, specifically if they are easy to use, are clear and technically strong. Ensuring an optimal user experience is something you are good at. You have strong analytical thinking skills, you see new opportunities everywhere and you create efficient workflows to adjust systems. You always think long-term, you monitor a clear vision, which you share with enthusiasm with everyone in your team.
Technology & Product Studio (TPS) takes a central role within Mediahuis. The sector is changing rapidly and the department faces exciting challenges on the cutting edge of business and technology. That is why we are fully committed to innovation. You will join a cross-functional team that works in an agile/lean manner and this is something you can relate to.
- After a training period, you will become our CMS specialist, responsible for the configuration, customization and integration of our CMS platform.
- You will talk to our CMS supplier to outline the technical solution.
- You will need to have a good understanding of the platform’s architecture and its
functional & non-functional requirements. Intensive training at the CMS supplier is planned.
- You will help develop the CMS platform tailored to Mediahuis. You will discuss new ideas and initiatives with the team.
- You know how to work independently but you also attach great importance to a good team spirit. You are also aware that the department plays a key role in a large international group. You will develop yourself as an expert and ambassador within your domain.
- You are always willing to help your colleagues, even beyond your specialties. They can count on you for testing new products, analysing, etc.
We are implementing a new CMS – the backbone of our newspapers – with a new package. You consider it a challenge to become the expert - ambassador of this new package within Mediahuis. We are looking for an all-round software developer with a healthy interest in configuration and customizing. You have the desire to learn something completely new.
Is important but not the only thing we care about.
We consider it equally important that you are fully committed, just like us. Full of enthusiasm, with a positive attitude and always looking for solutions. You are interested in the media sector, know how to work both independently and as part of a team, and you are flexible. You take shifting priorities in your stride.
You have an agile mindset and you like this way of working. You also realize the importance of good communication, to ensure that everyone is always on board. You are fluent in English and being fluent in Dutch is a plus.
Our minimum requirements are:
- Experience in XML and XSD is helpful,
- An open mind to learn and become an expert in the technologies of the new Group CMS for Mediahuis
- a job full of challenges with the second most appealing employer in Belgium (Randstad Employer Brand Research 2020);
- access to De Academie (The Academy), the in-house university of Mediahuis with a wide range of training courses to optimally develop your talents;
- opportunity for internal mobility within a large media group with strong brands in Belgium, the Netherlands, Ireland and Luxembourg;
- a flexible work organization with teleworking options;
- an inspiring and modern work environment;
- an attractive salary package with interesting fringe benefits, an extensive flex plan and extra holidays;
- a company car and fuel card, as part of a progressive mobility policy with a strong ecological focus;
- a whole lot of great colleagues making your job even more fun.