Mediahuis Is Looking for an Investment Associate a for Mediahuis Marketplaces. And we believe that you are the right person.
We Need, someone to attain our ambitious goals, therefore we are looking for one senior investment associate to build a thriving portfolio of fast growing companies in the coming years. You will work closely with the Corporate development director on a daily basis but also have the competence to manage your own work streams. You will be fully responsible for sourcing and assessing the suitable targets in the market segments. Hence, joined with the team, you will deliver, evaluate and sign new investments to add to the Corporate Venture Captial (CVC) portfolio.
You’ve started daydreaming upon reading this? Then please read on carefully, because it only gets better!
Here’s a Summary of What the Job Entails:
- You will manage your own deal flow in the defined sectors and propose top tier investments to the team;
- You will build long lasting relationships with founders as we evaluate their company for investments;
- You will lead a case from first contact with the founder to commercial due diligence and support deal lead in post-closing portfolio management;
- You will present investment memorandums to executive board members in clear and fluent English;
- You will excel in financial analytics of growth-stage companies, from past 24 month performance reviews to challenging assumptions in future projections;
- You will research the market to understand the dynamics, trends and key competitors our potential investments operate in and share these insights with the team;
- You understand the strategic direction of the portfolio and find new investments in line with our ambitions to build a new division for Mediahuis;
- You understand the basic legal dimensions of a deal;
- You will put Mediahuis Marketplaces on the map through networking and attending events, promoting the brand and representing our values and vision;
- You will educate yourself on entrepreneurial success by speaking to (former) founders, fellow investors, relevant experts and digesting loads of books, podcasts and blog posts.
What’s About to Become Your Second Home?
Mediahuis Marketplaces Ventures is driving the corporate venture capital investment arm of Mediahuis Marketplaces. Our team invests since 2022 in high-potential start-ups that have an ambitious growth plan in Europe and beyond. As a strategic investor, our goal is to build a portfolio of companies in the property and recruitment markets that will evolve into the substantial business drivers – even new divisions - for future Mediahuis growth. We establish this by investing with minority shares and expanding our stake during the growth phase. We invested up to now in 2 Proptech companies, Skenariolabs and Smooved and want to accelerate.
What’s on Your CV, is important, but by no means the only thing we care about. Equally essential is:
- the fact that you sink your teeth in a case, making sure you understand all strengths and flaws, leaving no stone unturned in your assessment of a potential investment.
- that you scrutinize over details to ensure financials models are flawless and substantiated with the right data.
- that you enjoy autonomy and thrive under pressure.
- that you have a self-starting entrepreneurial personality who likes taking ownership and achieving goals.
- that you have excellent communication skills, driven by a positive go-getter attitude. You are able to grow into senior investment manager.
- that you have a passion for the markets we are active in; Proptech and RecTech. Furthermore,
- that you have at least 3 years of experience in corporate venture capital, strategic consulting, investment banking, private equity or similar industries.
- that you are fluent in written and spoken English and Dutch.
- that you are willing to live in Antwerp or nearby to collaborate with the team (number of office days to be discussed).
- Last but not least, you can provide a visa for work eligibility in Europe if needed.
What Do You Get in Return?
Just as we believe in the uniqueness of all our brands, we also believe in the uniqueness and personality of all our people. At Mediahuis it is not merely about your job, but also about your growth and career opportunities. In addition to the basics (a good salary, fringe benefits, etc.) we mainly focus on a pleasant work environment, flexible work arrangements (teleworking, flexible hours) and continuous training opportunities. Mediahuis is more than an employer, just as you are more than the words on your CV. Further information about our assets can be found here. You can get an idea of our company culture and atmosphere on various social media channels.
It’s up to You Now!
Will you take your chance or continue to daydream? If the position of Investment Associate seems to fit you like a glove, please don’t hesitate to apply via the button below. Getting acquainted can’t hurt.
You don’t fully match this profile, but are motivated to take the next step in your career? Come talk to us!