Mediahuis is looking for ...
a Data Engineer to strengthen the Data Team within Technology & Product Studio (TPS). And we believe you are the right person …
Because we need, a specialist with a can-do mentality and a passion for data. Someone who takes ownership of the various parts of the platform at an operational level, but with an eye for the broader picture.
You possess a work permit and can work in Belgium without sponsorship. Ideally, you have the ambition to secure a permanent position.
You’ve started daydreaming upon this? Then please read on carefully, because it only gets better!
Here's a summary of what the job entails:
In addition to the development of the Data & Analytics Platform, you are energized by servicing the product teams within Mediahuis with the necessary tools. Together with your team, you are also responsible for numerous updates and optimizations. As an expert within the Data domain, you are enthusiastic to share your experience and expertise within and outside the team.
To provide a clear insight into the team's responsibilities, we would like to divide them into 5 parts:
- Maintenance: As a team, we ensure that the Data & Analytics platform is and remains up and running. This involves real-time monitoring, updating, and documenting;
- Infrastructure: As a team, we focus on the long-term data infrastructure/architecture on the one hand, but on the other hand we are also busy optimizing cloud consumption, setting up new components, and expanding the functionalities of existing components;
- Data Processing & Management: We do not work from an ivory tower, but are involved in the business. We ensure that data is available, that new flows fit within the larger data infrastructure and we provide daily support to data scientists, analysts, and data platform users;
- Projects: As a data engineering team, we play a key role in the realization of groundbreaking AI projects. Setting up pipelines to bring data from A to B with minimal delay is one of the challenges we regularly face. In addition, we also build APIs for the integration of our products into user applications or introduce innovative and ground-breaking solutions in our architecture to enable specific use cases;
- Knowledge sharing: All this is only possible thanks to an excellent exchange of knowledge and experience.
What's about to become your second home?
You will join the Data Engineering Team. This team develops infrastructure that makes it easy to collect and process large amounts of data so that the entire Mediahuis group can use action-oriented insights.
What’s on your CV,
is important, but by no means the only thing we find important. You are a proactive person who takes ownership of his or her platforms and projects. You ensure that all systems work as expected and you get energy from picking up and sharing knowledge with the rest of the organization.
As an expert within Data you have a solid knowledge of Python and Pandas. The most important thing is that you are interested in distributed systems and you want to dig into technologies like Dask. In addition, you are familiar with the Azure or Google Cloud environment and it is recommended that you have experience with various open source tools such as Airflow, Jupyter and Kubernetes.
You have an agile mindset and are a real team player. Knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch is a forte. You are available on short notice.
What do you get in return?
Just as we believe in the uniqueness of all our brands, we also believe in the uniqueness and personality of all our people. At Mediahuis it is not merely about your job, but also about your growth and career opportunities. In addition to the basics (a good salary, fringe benefits, etc.) we mainly focus on a pleasant work environment, flexible work arrangements (teleworking, flexible hours) and continuous training opportunities. Mediahuis is more than an employer, just as you are more than the words on your CV. Further information about our assets can be found here. You can get an idea of our company culture and atmosphere on various social media channels.
As a data engineer, you’ll get the opportunity to leave your mark on the Mediahuis data landscape, and to take the organization to a higher level of data maturity. Furthermore, you will contribute to the AI applications that will help determine the future of Mediahuis. It’s avaried job with the freedom to unleash your creativity, surrounded by a great team of experts who are eager to share their knowledge with you.
It’s up to you now!
Will you take your chance or continue to daydream? If the position of Data Engineer fits you like a glove, please don’t hesitate to apply via the button below. Getting acquainted can’t hurt.
You don’t fully match this profile, but are motivated to take the next step in your career? Come talk to us!