Mediahuis Is Looking for …
a Sustainability Controller for the Finance Department. And we believe that you are the right person.
Because We Need, someone who is interested in the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and potentially other future reporting directives related to sustainability and you want to be a significant player in the Mediahuis’ sustainability program. You’ve started daydreaming upon reading this? Then please read on carefully, because it only gets better!
Here’s a Summary of What the Job Entails:
- You prepare Mediahuis for the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD). This is on the one hand to provide insight into the progress of our objectives and on the other hand for the purpose of an integrated consolidated annual report.
- You need to establish structured, preferably automated processes to collect data consistently, correctly, in a timely manner, and auditable. You will lead this process in the right direction.
- You work closely with a wide range of colleagues. This role is a significant player in Mediahuis' sustainability program: IMPACT.
- You will deal with all entities and locations of Mediahuis. This means that limited travel will be necessary from time to time.
- With good reasoning, you know how to bring colleagues along and create support. Moreover, you stand firm in your shoes and are not afraid to make decisions.
- All in all, it's a challenging task where it's important that you can maintain an overview, set the right priorities, and distinguish between essentials and secondary matters.
You will be part of the Group Controlling and Consolidation Team and report directly to the Group Controlling Manager and in a dotted line to the Group Sustainability Manager. You are also the Secretary of the Sustainability Compliancy Steerco.
What’s on Your CV, is important, but by no means the only thing we care about. Equally essential is that is your ability as a bridge-builder, relishing structured achievements within an international organization. Your substantial background spans financial controlling, consolidation, and international reporting standards. You are interested in crafting ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) reports and are genuinely intrigued by the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, as well as potential upcoming directives concerning sustainability. Proficiency in English (spoken and written) is important for this role.
What Do You Get in Return?
Just as we believe in the uniqueness of all our brands, we also believe in the uniqueness and personality of all our people. At Mediahuis it is not merely about your job, but also about your growth and career opportunities. Since this is a new role within Mediahuis, consequently, you will have a lot of freedom to shape your role. In addition to the basics (a good salary, fringe benefits, etc.) we mainly focus on a pleasant work environment, flexible work arrangements (teleworking, flexible hours) and continuous training opportunities. Mediahuis is more than an employer, just as you are more than the words on your CV. Further information about our assets can be found here. You can get an idea of our company culture and atmosphere on various social media channels.
It’s up to You Now!
Will you take your chance or continue to daydream? If the position of sustainability controller seems to fit you like a glove, please don’t hesitate to apply via the button below. Getting acquainted can’t hurt.
You don’t fully match this profile, but are motivated to take the next step in your career? Come talk to us!